Dr. Scott Sedlacek
Dr. Scott is proud to have grown up right in this area and now enjoys being able to contribute to the community from which he came. He moved to Olmsted Township in 2004 and resides here with his wife, Kim, and their combined five children.
His first job while at Berea High School was actually working for an eye doctor, and that’s when he knew it was his calling. Throughout his four years at Miami University, and then four years at The Ohio State University, he worked in several Optometry offices gaining experience. In 1998 he became an Optometrist himself and has truly enjoyed his chosen profession every day since.
Immediately upon beginning his practice he returned to the area where he grew up and began volunteering a tremendous amount of time through several organizations. His goal was to positively benefit the lives of others. His efforts have expanded state-wide where annually he now offers career day programs to over 1,000 students, completes free vision screenings for over 2,000 students, and in addition presents various educational programs to another 2,000 students in 50 different schools.
Dr. Scott has run several marathons, completed a triathlon, and also a 50K trail race. He enjoys playing soccer, golf, and instruments including the guitar. He roots for all Cleveland sports teams, The Buckeyes, and The Chelsea Futbol Club. He also enjoys riding motorcycles and dirt bikes with his son.
Awards, Recognitions, Positions:
- 2018 Awarded as Top RealEYES Presenter in the State
- 2015-2018 Top RealEYES Presenter in Clevaland Area
- 2015 Advancements in Health Care Award for Migraine Prevention
- 2013 Cleveland Crain’s Health Care Hero Community Outreach Award
- OD Success Magazine – Contributor
- Advanced Ocular Care – Contributor
- Gold Key International Optometry Society
- 2006 Young Optometrist of the Year in Ohio
- Cleve. Optom. Assoc. (Exec Board)
- Ohio Optom. Assoc. (Committee Chair)
- American Optom. Assoc. Member
- Ocular Nutrition Society Member
- Personalized Medicine CE Lecturer
- Berea High School 1990
- Miami (OH) University 1994
- Ohio State Univ. Dr. of Optometry 1998
- Cleveland V.A. Hospital extern 1998
- Genetic Methylation Certificate 2012
Recent Community Activities:
- Explore Olmsted Falls – President Board of Directors
- Olmsted Falls Chamber of Commerce – Membership Committee
- Olmsted Falls Kiwanis Club – Membership Committee
- Olmsted Falls PTA – Member
- Annual School Vision Screening Volunteer
- RealEyes Program Volunteer Presenter
- InfantSEE Provider
- Student Career Shadowing Volunteer Presenter
- Multiple Charity Golf Outings Sponsor
- Community Health & Wellness Educational Speaker
- Olmsted Heritage Days Corporate Sponsor
- Olmsted Falls Music Association Corporate Sponsor
- Olmsted Falls Soccer Association Corporate Sponsor
- Olmsted Falls Community Center Corporate Sponsor
Stefanie joined our team in 2014 and brought with her a valuable range of skills to benefit our patients and practice. After getting her diploma from Sanford Brown College she began her medical assisting career in an Ophthalmology office on the west side of Cleveland. We were lucky to have her join The Eye Place when she relocated to Olmsted Falls with her fiancee (now husband) Ben and her dog Stuey! She loves cooking, health & fitness, and stays up on fashion trends so she can help others look their best. Her business sense comes in handy which she has developed working with Ben in their music production company, Spider Studios, also located in Olmsted Falls.
Our patients tell us that her friendliness is refreshing because she treats everyone like they are family. She also has a great eye when it comes to helping people look their best during frame and lens selection. Her knowledge in the area of insurance filing allows her to help patients maximize their benefits. And what’s great is that her background in Ophthalmology allows her to be quite capable of performing special testing alongside Dr. Scott!
Jill has been in the eye care business since 1998. She started working with an optometrist and began learning everything about the optical business. Next she took a job in an ophthalmology office and learned everything about being a doctor technician. Having experience in both optometry and ophthalmology is what allows her to be an all-around asset fitting into our collaborative medical team at The Eye Place.
It has always been her desire to make patients feel comfortable by treating them like a friend. When you meet her, you will see that her passion is to have people enjoy their time with her and leave happier than when they arrived. She thinks its her job to make your day!
She also loves to play, especially with her young daughter Alexis. In addition, she works part time as a Disney travel agent. Being a life long Disney fan and collector, she understands the importance of magic in life and treats our patients like they are in The Magic Eye Kingdom!