Dr. Scott Sedlacek
Dr. Scott is proud to have grown up right in this area and now enjoys being able to contribute to the community from which he came. He moved to Olmsted Township in 2004 and resides here with his wife, Kim, and their combined five children.
His first job was in 1987 while at Berea High School and was actually working for an eye doctor! That’s when he knew it was his calling. Throughout his four years at Miami University, and then four years at The Ohio State University, he worked in several more Optometry offices gaining experience. Upon finishing school in 1998 he became an Optometrist himself and has truly enjoyed his chosen profession every day since.
Immediately upon beginning his practice he returned to the area where he grew up and began volunteering a tremendous amount of time through several organizations. His goal was to positively benefit the lives of others. His efforts have expanded state-wide where annually he offers career day programs, completes free vision screenings, and presents volunteer educational programs to over 2,500 students in 30 different schools.
Dr. Scott has run several marathons, completed a triathlon, and also a 50K trail race. He enjoys playing soccer, golf, and musical instruments including the guitar. He roots for all Cleveland sports teams, The Buckeyes, and The Chelsea Futbol Club. He also enjoys running 5K races with his daughter Emma, and riding motorcycles and dirt bikes with his son Sam.
Awards, Recognitions, Positions:
- 2020 and 2019 Ohio Vision Project Award Winner
- 2020 and 2019 House of Representatives Proclamation Recipient – presented by Rep Tom Patton
- 2018 Awarded as Top RealEYES Presenter in the State
- 2015-2020 Top RealEYES Presenter in Cleveland Area
- 2015 Advancements in Health Care Award for Migraine Prevention
- 2013 Cleveland Crain’s Health Care Hero Community Outreach Award
- OD Success Magazine – Contributor
- Advanced Ocular Care – Contributor
- Gold Key International Optometry Society
- 2006 Young Optometrist of the Year in Ohio
- Cleveland Optometric Association member
- Ohio Optometric Association member
- American Optometric Association member
- Ocular Nutrition Society member
- Personalized Medicine CE Lecturer
- Berea High School 1990
- Miami (OH) University 1994
- Ohio State Univ. Dr. of Optometry 1998
- Cleveland V.A. Hospital extern 1998
- Genetic Methylation Certificate 2012
- >25 Hours Continuing Education Annually
Recent Community Activities:
- Explore Olmsted Falls – President Board of Directors
- Olmsted Falls Chamber of Commerce – Membership Committee
- Olmsted Falls Kiwanis Club – Membership Committee
- Olmsted Falls PTA – Member
- Annual School Vision Screening Volunteer
- RealEyes Program Volunteer Presenter
- InfantSEE Provider
- Student Career Shadowing Volunteer Presenter
- Multiple Charity Golf Outings Sponsor
- Community Health & Wellness Educational Speaker
- Olmsted Heritage Days Corporate Sponsor
- Olmsted Falls Music Association Corporate Sponsor
- Olmsted Falls Soccer Association Corporate Sponsor
- Olmsted Falls Community Center Corporate Sponsor
- Athletic Boosters Corporate Sponsor
- Olmsted Spirit 5K Gold Corporate Sponsor
- Olmsted Falls Ultimate Frisbee Corporate Sponsor
She was born and raised in Cleveland and now lives in North Olmsted. She graduated from Saint Augustine Academy and attended Cuyahoga Community College. Right after school, she began working and studying in pursuit of a career in eye care. Once she passed her State Boards exam she became a full-time licensed optician. She advanced quickly incorporate eye care and at age 21 was the youngest person in Eyemasters history to be promoted to general manager.
She now has 15 years of experience as a licensed optician and 10 years of managerial experience. She excels in providing top-notch customer service and strives to make everyone see, look, and feel their best. She is a true professional possessing technical knowledge and skills, and she just happens to be fun! She is fantastic at personalized frame selection and makes the experience easy and enjoyable. She spends free time with her family, loves traveling, and has been to Italy, Greece, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Mexico to name a few. She loves cruising!
We are excited that Camelia Filipescu, a highly sought after licensed optician, chose to join our team full time in 2019! With 20 years of experience in eye care, and 6 years being a manager, she brings a wealth of knowledge and technical skills to better serve our patients. Interestingly, she was born in Transylvania! She speaks English and Romanian. She enjoys cooking, especially spicy food, which she makes for her husband and teenage son. She enjoys cruises and travel destinations with beaches and hot weather. Her favorites places are Dominican Republic, Cayman Islands, and Belize. We can’t wait for you to meet her at your next visit!
We brought Carly onto our team at the end of her sophomore year and she is now a senior at Olmsted Falls High School. She is a member of the Swim Team, plays the saxophone in the marching band, and is a member of the Pen Ohio and Environmental Clubs. She is also a member of the National Honor Society which alone speaks volumes about her. She is going to attend the University of Findlay for Pre-Veterinary studies. Her interests include reading, horseback riding, and crocheting. We are happy to provide local students like her with their first real-world work experience and we know you will love her when you meet her during your time in our office.
Kim began working behind the scenes at The Eye Place during our relocation to Olmsted Falls in February 2014. After taking 3 years of continuing education classes at Optometry meetings she began to take on greater responsibilities in 2017 becoming the practice administrator. She is well-versed in the requirements needed to guard patient and practice data. She understands the intricacies of billing and coding. She has knowledge in the area of HIPAA and IT systems and helped implement our patient communication texting system called Klara. She was instrumental in upgrading our office software, server, laptops, phones, and our new iPad check-in system.
Kim graduated from Berea High School and attended Lorain Community College. She has been a legal secretary for 27 years and currently works full-time at Mansour Gavin, LPA in downtown Cleveland. She has a combined 5 kids with her husband Scott and resides in Olmsted Twp. She loves the beach, any beach, especially in Barbados and Grand Cayman. She is quite a handy-woman and enjoys demolition, painting, and driving a riding mower like she’s in a NASCAR race!